Date:      Tue, 25 Jun 1996 17:14:17 +0900
From:      "Jun, Gyu-Chang" <geoid@ktnet.co.kr>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Enable dial-up login on modem

  Hello, World.

  I have a question on attaching modem for dial-up login.

  I have followed the procedure decribed in FAQ and read this mailing-list
  for some times...
  I think all the things which I am supposed to do is done.
  I did.. 1) Set modem (AT &C1, etc.), 2) edit /etc/ttys, 3) kill -1 1,
  4) check if getty is running, 5) check DCD lamps on my external modem.

  When I call FreeBSD box, modems talk to each other and DCD lights on.
  And I think getty send login prompt but the only string emerges from
  the caller's terminal window is garbage characters...

  What is wrong? and then What should I do?

  Thanks in Advance
Korea Trade Network.
Communication Business Team.
Tech. Staff