Date:      Thu, 9 Jun 2005 19:15:42 -0500
From:      Vulpes Velox <v.velox@vvelox.net>
To:        "Jon Mercer" <jon.mercer@achean.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Trackball and graphics tablet recommendations

On Thu, 9 Jun 2005 15:44:44 +0100 (BST)
"Jon Mercer" <jon.mercer@achean.com> wrote:

> Can anyone here recommend a trackball and/or graphics tablet for
> FBSD?
>
> Gotta get away from the Synaptics touchpad, it's too slow for me, so
> looking to get a trackball for general use, and as I dabble on Gimp
> I'd like to get hold of a tablet as well.
>
> Only restriction is that it has to be relatively recent (i.e. still
> in the shops) and most of the functionality should work. PS2 or USB
> doen't matter.

Any trackball shout work nicely. That is because they are just a
upside down mouse. I recently picked up a old Microsoft trackball and
am currently enjoying using it in UT2004.

Not sure about tablets. You may want to check on the USB list to see
what the status of the Wacom ones are. IIRC those have show up as
multiple USB devices on a single device... or something like that...
and that use to cause problems at one time. I have a old serial
Acecad one I use. It works nicely.