Date:      Mon, 06 Mar 2000 08:57:54 -0500
From:      Jim Bloom <bloom@acm.org>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: openssh question

Warner Losh wrote:

> First, how does one enable TIS/SKEY authorization for ssh?  It appears
> that the frst step would be to add -DSKEY to the Makefile conditional
> on something.  Are there other steps?

Yes, there are other steps.  openssh depends upon functions in the
openbsd libskey that we do not have.  These functions appear to have
been added somewhere between our initial version of skey and openbsd's
as they exist in openbsd's initial version, but not ours.  The skey
support in the openssh port has the exact same problems.

That being said, if there is some demand for this, I could merge
openbsd's libskey into ours and get the skey authentication working.

Jim Bloom
bloom@acm.org