Date:      Wed, 15 Nov 2000 16:52:53 -0500 (EST)
From:      Vince Vielhaber <vev@michvhf.com>
To:        <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   PPPoE, nat, dsl, some web sites

I have a DSL connection that I'm connecting to via PPPoE.  This is
working.  I have a 4.1.1 machine dedicated to it, with two network
cards (dc0 and dc1) - one going to the dsl modem and one to a hub.
Using lynx I can get to just about every site I've tried, but if I
go to another 4.1.1 machine there are some sites that I can't get
to.  It just sits and hangs.   Even if I telnet to port 80 and type
GET / HTTP/1.0  it will just hang (yes I have the protocol right, it
works from the machine being used as a router).  Looking thru the
archives it appears the only solutions are to use a proxy server like
squid, but I'd rather avoid something messy like that if I can.  Could
I be running into the MTU problem I've seen described for the windoze
boxes?

Vince.
 128K ISDN from $22.00/mo - 56K Dialup from $16.00/mo at Pop4 Networking