Date:      Tue, 14 Nov 1995 18:28:45 +0100 (MET)
From:      Ollivier Robert <roberto@keltia.freenix.fr>
To:        bmk@dtr.com
Cc:        geoff@ginsu.com, bsd@ee.petra.ac.id, questions@freebsd.org, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: elm problem :)

It seems that bmk@dtr.com said:
> have existed, I don't know).  I've always had to use flock style locking
> - fcntl always seemed to cause the symptoms the original complaint
> described.

I used to compile Elm  setgid mail with all  three types  of lock till  Rod
said that without the setgid and with both the 755 permissions on /var/mail
and fcntl locking it was working beatifully. It runs like that since.

Weird.
--
Ollivier ROBERT    -=- The daemon is FREE! -=-    roberto@keltia.frmug.fr.net
   FreeBSD keltia.freenix.fr 2.2-CURRENT #1: Sun Nov 12 16:47:05 MET 1995