Date:      Sat, 18 Oct 2003 23:16:09 -0400
From:      Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        micheas@freep.org
Cc:        freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: anyone suggest a good PIM for gnome 2.x?

--=-IdkuAHqJTjW4r6ZPgDt4

On Sat, 2003-10-18 at 22:25, Micheas Herman wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-10-17 at 10:55, Anthony Carmody wrote:
> > Hi,
> >=20
> > can anyone suggest a good PIM [personal information manager] to use wit=
h=20
> > Gnome..? perferably something that has scope for conectivity to=20
> > bluetooth devices.
>=20
>         Evolution is the most advanced. KDE has a Mail client/PIM that
>         is supposed to be about as good. (I expect that this will be
>         very nice)

I have to agree.  I use Evo, and it's pretty full-featured.  Other than
Evo, there isn't a GNOME 2 PIM that I'm aware of.  The is gnomepim, but
it is still GNOME-1.4.x based.

>        =20
>         Blue tooth is a kernel function.  I don't know what the status
>         of Blue tooth is under FreeBSD, but you need 2.6.x under Linux,
>         so I would assume that you need FreeBSD 5.x to use Blue tooth.

Correct.  You need -CURRENT to get good Bluetooth support.  5.1-RELEASE
has it, but it recently got an overhaul in -CURRENT.  Evo does support
Palm Pilot sync as well via quite a few media.

Joe