Date:      Thu, 27 Nov 2003 12:32:16 -0600
From:      Charles Howse <chowse@charter.net>
To:        Ed Stewart <stewart@mail.bedog1.net>, freebsd list <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: X startup

On Thursday 27 November 2003 12:05 pm, Ed Stewart wrote:
> Hi, I have just finished installing FreeBSD 4.7, everything is working
> fine even X. When I use startx as root Gnome and enlightment loads,but
> when I load on with my username and startx it loads Xterm. My question
> is how do I get Gnome to load instead of xterm? I am new to freebsd and
> am not sure where to look. I tried to find an answer on google,but no
> luck. Thanks for any replies, Ed

Someone correct me if I'm wrong...
=46rom what I understand .xsession is only read when logging in with xdm, t=
he=20
graphical login manager, so .xinitrc is the correct file to edit, as others=
=20
have mentioned.
Sorry for any confusion.=20

=2D-=20
Thanks,
Charles
http://howse.homeunix.net:8080

Random Murphy's Law:
A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking.