Date:      Thu, 1 Nov 2001 19:12:56 -0500 (EST)
From:      "H. Wade Minter" <minter@lunenburg.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   KDE 2.2.1 problems w/fresh ports install

I installed KDE 2.2.1 from ports last night.  Everything seemed to install
fine, but when I put "exec startkde" in my .xinitrc file, the problems
start.

KDE sounds like it's starting from the audio, but I don't see the startup
splash screen.  Then, when it gets into KDE proper, there are no icons in
the toolbar or anything.

Also, the following file gets dumped:
bash-2.05$ ls -lsa kdeinit.core
2032 -rw-------  1 minter  minter  2068480 Nov  1 19:09 kdeinit.core
bash-2.05$ file kdeinit.core
kdeinit.core: ELF 32-bit LSB core file (signal 4477762), Intel 80386,
version 1 (FreeBSD), from 'kdeinit'

Any ideas what's going on?

Thanks,
Wade

--
Do your part in the fight against injustice.
Free Dmitry Sklyarov!  http://www.freesklyarov.org/