Date:      Tue, 16 May 2000 09:06:14 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Oliver Fromme <olli@dorifer.heim3.tu-clausthal.de>
To:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: How is "TeX" typically pronounced?

In list.freebsd-chat Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com> wrote:
 > What vowel is in TeX?  What you're effectively saying is that you'd
 > pronounce "TeX" and "TeXnik" with different sounds.

Well, I don't know how "TeXnik" is supposed to be pronounced
(whether it's like "TeX" or like "Technik").

Anyhow, personally I pronounce both the same, and I believe
that I don't pronounce "TeX" correctly, according to Knuth.

Regards
   Oliver

--
Oliver Fromme, Leibnizstr. 18/61, 38678 Clausthal, Germany

"In jedem Stück Kohle wartet ein Diamant auf seine Geburt"
                                         (Terry Pratchett)