Date:      Sat, 27 Jul 2002 12:22:42 -0400
From:      Alan E <alane@geeksrus.net>
To:        Seigo Tanimura <tanimura@r.dl.itc.u-tokyo.ac.jp>
Cc:        FreeBSD Ports List <ports@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: troubles with the FAM port

On Sat, Jul 27, 2002 at 01:21:34PM +0900, Seigo Tanimura wrote:
>On Thu, 18 Jul 2002 14:24:25 -0400,
>  Alan E <alane@geeksrus.net> said:
>
>>> . configure failing due to mountlist issues --
>>> solved by changing <rpcsvc/mount.h> in configure.in
>>> to <sys/types.h> and <sys/mount.h>;
[lots of old text elided]

>Other than those, attached is the patch to build with the system and
>portbld gcc 3.1, and to catch up to assert() in -current.

Here are the questions I need to have answered at this point:

1. What is the standard compiler for ports on -current?
1a. If it is not the portbld gcc31, then why should I patch for that
    compiler?
2. What affect does all this assert code have on -stable compilation? I
believe it's ifdef'd out, which is good.
3. Whose idea was it to have asserts go to syslog?
3a. How well has this been tested?
3b, What happens if syslogd is down?

Please give me answers to the preceding questions, and if I am convinced
this is a good idea, I will ask you to submit a PR so this issue can be
tracked.

I will also run this by the SGI guys before I consider committing it,
due the the large amount of new code. We are trying to converge the
code, not diverge it.

Thanks.

--
AlanE