Date:      Tue, 18 Jan 2011 13:23:54 +0100
From:      Axel Rau <Axel.Rau@Chaos1.DE>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   RESOLVED: Re: 8.1 Box does not react on ICMP "unreachable - need to frag"

Am 18.01.2011 um 11:00 schrieb Axel Rau:

> The DB server returns its query results successfully until an =20
> oversized message is being sent (with "DF" set), which the GW2 =20
> refuses with an ICMP "unreachable - need to frag (mtu 1492)
I could convince the firewall to defragment the packet itself. (-;
This was a pf issue (I mixed up option "set reassemble" and filteropt =20
"fragment").

I'm still looking for an answer to question 1:
> 1. Shouldn't DB2 fragment and resend the packet?

Thanks, Axel
=2D--
axel.rau@chaos1.de  PGP-Key:29E99DD6  +49 151 2300 9283  computing @ =20
chaos claudius