Date:      Fri, 9 Dec 2005 08:06:59 +0200
From:      Vasil Dimov <vd@datamax.bg>
To:        David Reid <david@jetnet.co.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: how to get more info

--ZGiS0Q5IWpPtfppv

On Thu, Dec 08, 2005 at 06:05:03PM +0000, David Reid wrote:
> I'm running -STABLE and at present I'm being lucky to get more than 6
> hours uptime! The problem (and reason for this email) is to ask if there
> is anything I can do to try and get more info on th crashes to help
> debug and correct them. When the system goes it just reboots, no panic
> or information written to any logs. It's been doing it for a while but
> the last few days have seen it happening more often.
>=20
> I'm running a GENERIC kernel with WITNESS enabled. I'm more than willing
> to try and help find/fix the problem, but the lack of information is
> stopping me from doing much!
>=20

In addition to WITNESS you may add the following in your kernel config:

options        MUTEX_DEBUG
options        WITNESS  # you already have that
options        WITNESS_KDB          =20
options        DEBUG_MEMGUARD  # only for 6.x

options        INVARIANTS
options        INVARIANT_SUPPORT

Do you do something specific when the machine reboots?

If the reboots continue with the above options I guess you should start
to replace the hardware part by part - try with another memory,
than another motherboard, etc.

Good Luck!

--=20
Vasil Dimov