Date:      Sat, 03 Jul 1999 11:44:25 +0200
From:      Erik de Zeeuw <erik@univ-lehavre.fr>
To:        john_barrow@email.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Riva TNT video card with XFree86

Hi,

I'm running Xfree86 perfectly with a Riva TNT chipset. My card is a
Diamond
Viper 550, and I'm using XFree86 v3.3.3.1, but the v3.3.3 does support
this
chipset too. My box is a FreeBSD 3.2-RELEASE, but I had no troubles with
previous versions ( 2.2.8, 3.1 ) if XFree86 is installed with right
version.

My ideas about that are that you should look at the XFree86 version you
are
using, and if it's older than 3.3.3, then you should get the last
version;
next, if the version is good, you should look at the server you
installed.

The Riva TNT support is done with the SVGA server, XF86_SVGA, so make
sure
this is the one you're using.

If it still does not work, you should look at the exact chipset your
board
have, and look at the Xfree web pages if it's supported.

I don't know anything about the Riva TNT2 support.

Hope this will help,

Erik