Date:      Fri, 4 May 2001 02:40:43 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Brett Jackson <brett@shadowfarm.com>
To:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   stopping at 'local package initialization'

Hello,

on a pretty much virgin FreeBSD 4.3-Stable, I have just installed
Apache+Mod_SSL, PHP4, mySQL.
Now when I boot, the console scrolls throught the boot process/dmesg, but
freezes at:

Initial rc.i386 initialization:.
Configuring syscons: keyrate moused
Additional ABI support: linux.
Local package initialization:     <-- freezes here

I am able to ssh in, but can't do much at the console.
Any help to remedy this, or man page to read etc would be great,

Thanks,

Brett

-