Date:      Mon, 3 Apr 2017 10:19:33 -0400
From:      Ed Maste <emaste@freebsd.org>
To:        qjail1 <qjail1@a1poweruser.com>
Cc:        "ports@FreeBSD.org" <ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: os of system fetching port source

On 19 February 2017 at 10:06, qjail1 <qjail1@a1poweruser.com> wrote:

> Is there some fetch/ftp option to tag the ports system download request with
> the operating system the request is coming from?

Libfetch uses the HTTP_USER_AGENT environment variable if set, and it
can also be set via a fetch command-line argument. If not set it
defaults to just getprogname() with the libfetch version appended.

I'm not sure what would be the best approach with respect to having
this set by default in the ports infrastructure though.