Date:      08 Apr 2005 10:51:52 -0400
From:      Lowell Gilbert <freebsd-questions-local@be-well.ilk.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Common Lisp on FreeBSD

Jonathon McKitrick <jcm@FreeBSD-uk.eu.org> writes:

> I noticed that the clisp port is marked broken, so I have to look at other
> choices.
>
> Does anyone have any thoughts on the other Lisp ports as a good system to
> learn on and use?

Depends on what you're doing.  Other than clisp, the Common Lisp
implementations in ports are pretty much all derived from the same
origin (the CMU implementation), so you might as well just try them
and see what you like; the technical differences shouldn't be that
big.  [That's ignoring the "embeddable" one, but I wouldn't recommend
that for learning.]

Or maybe you should consider Scheme... but that's another holy war.

Good luck.
--
What?  You expected a direct answer from *me*?  Silly boy.