Date:      Fri, 9 Jul 1999 00:47:24 +0100
From:      Nik Clayton <nik@nothing-going-on.demon.co.uk>
To:        Dutch Collins <dutch@charm.net>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG, doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: WordPerfect 8 & SGML/DocBook -

[ CC'd to doc@freebsd.org, and reply-to pointed there, as this is
  really a doc issue ]

On Thu, Jul 08, 1999 at 06:38:41PM -0400, Dutch Collins wrote:
> I have started reading the specs for FreeBSD documentation. I was
> wondering if anyone has tried writing with WordPerfect 8. It does
> support DTDs, so the documentation says.

I haven't yet -- I have an on-off working relationship with Emacs that
sees me through :-)

> Since my BSD disk is "Shagged" [1] (not for long) and I am stuck in
> windoze-land with WP8 - I need to find  the DocBook DTD and try it. In
> WP8's environment it states that DocBook is supported. I don't know
> enough to take WP at it's word, although I would like to check it out.

Get the DocBook DTD from http://www.docbook.org/.  I don't know what
you need to do to get it work with WP8, hopefully the WP docs will help.

If you do get it working, could you document how you did it, so it can
be added to the primer?

> [1] is it ok to say  shagged in public if you are not in Great
> Britain?

Yeah, Baby.

...  FreeBSD -- Shagadelic
--
 [intentional self-reference] can be easily accommodated using a blessed,
 non-self-referential dummy head-node whose own object destructor severs