Date:      Thu, 24 Jun 1999 17:07:54 -0400
From:      "I'Khala" <ikhala@phoenix.cl.msu.edu>
To:        Tenacious <tMind@bigfoot.com>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 2.2.8->3.2 woes

Quoting Tenacious (tMind@bigfoot.com):
> I have a 2.2.7-release now and I want to upgrade to 3.2-stable.  Anywhere I
> can find step by step documentation?  Or if you can show me the way.
I'd suggest the following steps:
1. install mergemaster from ports (/usr/ports/sysutils/mergemaster)
2. Read through the mergemaster man page.
3. print out the following "excellent" documents from the web:
	A. http://www.ucb.crimea.ua/~ru/FreeBSD/30upgrade.html
	   (Upgrading to FreeBSD 3.0-STABLE by Ruslan Ermilov)
	B. http://www.nothing-going-on.demon.co.uk/FreeBSD/make-world/make-world.html
       ("Making the world" your own by Nik Clayton)
4. Get comfortable and read through the above documents
5. Read through /usr/src/Makefile
6. Relax and "get your mind right son" #:^) because
   you're about to perform the following upgrade:
		2.2.7-release -> 2.2.8-stable
		2.2.8-stable  -> 3.2-stable

When you're finished bask in the glow of a job well done ...

> Thanks

#:^)
--
I'Khala                               ikhala@msu.edu