Date:      Fri, 19 Dec 2003 11:43:25 -0600
From:      "Kevin D. Kinsey, DaleCo, S.P." <kdk@daleco.biz>
To:        fbsd_user@a1poweruser.com
Cc:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD. ORG" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: cvsup

fbsd_user wrote:

>When I use cvsup to download the ports config files, it does not
>display the directory path it's using on the server.
>How can I find the directory path? Or can somebody tell me what it
>is.
>
>The port names retrieved from here
>http://www.freebsd.org/ports/index.html  do not match the real port
>name I find on my system.  Want is the real directory path so I can
>use my browser to ftp in and drill down to find real names.
>
>Can anybody help me?

Cvsup downloads the equivalent of

ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/ports/ports.tar.gz

However, the CGI index (http page you refer to) shows
pretty much the exact same ports tree I have at /usr/ports...

So, what's the discrepancy?

Plus, what's wrong with the standard tools?

#whereis foobar
/usr/ports/misc/foobar

OR

#cd /usr/ports