Date:      Fri, 12 Oct 2001 00:56:57 +0200 (SAST)
From:      The Psychotic Viper <psyv@sec-it.net>
To:        Nathan Mace <nmace85@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: dual processor support

Hi,
sorry if this is "old" but ran into trouble with my mail and busy
respooling and rereading,

On Tue, 9 Oct 2001, Nathan Mace wrote:
> the only freebsd verion that currently supports dual processors on i386
> chips is -Current or 5.0..right?
I think you have it confused somewhere with either SMP being redone or
maybe SMP for Alpha based systems? -STABLE supports i386 SMP afaik,

> so if i put 4.4-stable on a dual processor box, and use a commerical app
> that DOES support dual processors will it still take advantage of both
> processors? i know the OS won't but i'm wondering about the app.
cant say for sure it *will* but if it works like it says it should it has
to:)