Date:      13 Sep 1999 16:32:38 -0400
From:      Chris Shenton <cshenton@uucom.com>
To:        Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@flood.ping.uio.no>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: security/nmap

On 12 Sep 1999 18:33:04 +0200, Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@flood.ping.uio.no> said:

Dag-Erling> The security/nmap now depends unconditionally on X and GTK
Dag-Erling> (presumably so you can use the fancy graphical front-end,
Dag-Erling> which is not much more than an overgrown xterm). I find
Dag-Erling> this totally unacceptable. Please back out revision 1.18
Dag-Erling> of ports/security/nmap/Makefile.

Agreed; tried to build a couple days ago to do some urgent diagnosis
and all of a sudden it seemed to be trying to compile the friggin'
world. All I want to do is audit security, not make it look like RedHat-3d.

Please restore the text-only nmap.