Date:      20 Jun 2002 12:53:16 -0500
From:      Kirk Strauser <kirk@strauser.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Korea (was: Sendmail Spam RBL)

At 2002-06-20T15:56:02Z, "Marius Kirschner" <marius@agoron.com> writes:

> Yeah, I've entered whole Korean subnets into our 'access list' because it
> got so bad.  Nothing against Korea but we've been getting swamped by spam
> originating there.

In all fairness to them, it's probably not even originating there.  Maybe
Korea has some weird law requiring servers to act as open relays, or maybe
that's part of the computing culture or something, but many of the emails
have been relayed from originators in Western countries.

I feel badly for the legitimate users in Korea who are bearing the price of
their system administrators' mistakes.
--
Kirk Strauser
The Strauser Group - http://www.strausergroup.com/