Date:      Mon, 29 Nov 1999 14:44:47 CET
From:      "Majid Faraj-" <atillc@hotmail.com>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   PMG2 (Ports Menu Generator)

(Excuse my bad english)

I have written a little program that will generate menus for
diffrent(right now as alpha only for Window Maker) window managers.

But there was a problem in catagorizing the applications. Like if
they belong to the group of graphic program or networking or
something else. And that some binaries found in libaries should not
be added to menus either.

There is several ways to implement that but I thought it was easiest
to implement a new "tag" like @name, I call it @pmg_ (becouse program
is named pmg(Ports Menu Generator)). I can be changed if necassary.

The @pmg_ tag would solve the problem both for catagory and which binaries
to add to a menu.

Syntax:
@pmg_CATAGORY binary:menu description:type

type: is needed becouse you'll never know if it is a window manager
or an normal X client/program or something else.

Code can be found at: ftp://thanius.cx/pub/FreeBSD
pmg1.tgz is the first and now working release of pmg (but it isnt so
useful) pmg2.tgz is the new one, it will do same thing as pmg1 and it
supports the new tag @pmg_.

WARNING: do not run those applications as root. Becouse I havent
checked the code throughtly yet and It may do some bad things. Just
run the /bin/sh scripts I included.

MVH Majid Faraj-Allah, a.k.a defopert (deffo) & majidf on
EFNet #freebsd.