Date:      Thu, 10 Aug 1995 09:08:48 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@freefall.FreeBSD.org>
To:        "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb@kryten.atinc.com>
Cc:        Brian Tao <taob@gate.sinica.edu.tw>, freebsd-chat@freebsd.org, Joerg Wunsch <joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de>
Subject:   Re: Promoting FreeBSD Web servers

> On Thu, 10 Aug 1995, Brian Tao wrote:
>
> >     Nope, nothing as violent as that.  ;-)  I redrew the icon today
> > (got rid of the pinkish glow, used slightly larger lettering and the
> > daemon is much clearer now).  The graphic is located on my Web site at
> > http://aries.ibms.sinica.edu.tw/~taob/Images/pbf.gif .  Of course,
>
> 	<rave> brian!  it is absolutely beautiful.   this is going to
> become a sticker on every machine running FreeBSD in this office,
> including the laptops.

This may go very well with my next set of enhancements to sysinstall..

I noticed when installing BSD/OS (I finally decided to take a good
look at 2.0!) that they offer you the chance to configure a web
server, which is actually nothing more than 3 prompts asking you
for your company name, email address and general info - all of
which gets stuck into a default home page for the new server.
Very simple, but it gives instant gratification to the hopeful
server installer and BSDI took this opportunity to put a clever
little "Powered by BSD/OS 2.0" with the BSDI logo at the bottom
of the page.  Most likely, your average customer will think that's
cool and leave it in (or not even know how to remove it :-).

That's good advertising.  I want it and the feature for automated
server configuration (for which I'm always willing to entertain
suggestions) WILL be going into 2.1... :-)

					Jordan