Date:      Wed, 13 Sep 1995 23:24:20 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Piero Serini <piero@strider.ibenet.it>
To:        jehamby@lightside.com (Jake Hamby)
Cc:        Hackers@FreeBSD.ORG (FreeBSD Hackers' List)
Subject:   Re: 'talk' doesn't work! Did it ever?

Hello.

Quoting from Jake Hamby (Wed Sep 13 22:52:26 1995):
> Yeah, I was trying to talk to a SunOS box (and a Solaris box) as test
> cases.  The problem is that there is an ntalk daemon in /etc/inetd.conf
> Oh, and sorry for posting to hackers when I should've posted to
> questions...  But, since the FreeBSD->Sun compatibility problem hasn't
> been solved yet, perhaps this is a -hackers problem after all!

Sorry. I didn't mean to bite.

What I understood from your original message was that talk didn't
work for you, *ever*. This has been asked many times in the past,
and solved by proper network configuration. That's why I wrote it
belonged to -questions.

If  the problem (as is) is a compatibility issue, yes, that's for
hackers.

Have a nice day,
--
#        $Id: .signature,v 1.12 1995/08/14 12:10:54 piero Exp $
Piero Serini                                            Via Giambologna, 1