Date:      Sun, 19 Oct 2003 15:38:43 +0900
From:      Luke Kearney <lukek@meibin.net>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Wireless setups

Hi There,
I have recently installed 4.8R on my IBM Thinkpad notebook which
fortunately includes a wireless NIC. The nic is recognised as wi0 for
which I am grateful as Linux did not recognise the card first time
around. Now I often move between networks and having to set the wepkey
and ssid etc etc by hand will become very tiresome very quickly. I was
wondering if any one can point me in the direction of a better way to
set these. I am guessing that this will still have to be done after the
boot but what do people use ?

I was able to get the interface up and ping other hosts so no problems
there but can this NIC be set for dhcp rather than having to go through
the grief of setting everything manually ?

Any pointers or links to howto are much appreciated.

Thanks in Advance

LukeK