Date:      Fri, 19 Jan 2007 04:37:12 +0900 (JST)
From:      Hiroki Sato <hrs@FreeBSD.org>
To:        joel@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: RFC: The end of the contributors article

----Security_Multipart(Fri_Jan_19_04_37_12_2007_389)--

Joel Dahl <joel@freebsd.org> wrote
  in <1168876561.1102.17.camel@jesus.automatvapen.se>:

jo> M=E5n 2007-01-15 klockan 21:22 +0900 skrev Hiroki Sato:
jo> >  So, well, please go ahead if you do not mind it since updating t=
he
jo> >  list is really important.  But if you have another plan such as
jo> >  maintaining the list in an HTML page only, please elaborate the =
plan
jo> >  in more detail.  Just I want to make sure.
jo> =

jo> I'm perfectly happy with a database and I don't think our plans con=
flict
jo> with each other.  I want to improve the way we present the actual d=
ata
jo> to our visitors, by updating and adding more content, and do some
jo> restructuring (for example by moving it to www, which seems to be a=
 more
jo> natural place for this information).  What you want to do is
jo> implementing a way to store the actual data in order for us to easi=
ly
jo> access it from doc/www, which also would reduce the maintenance cos=
jo> significantly.  With such a database in place, I think it would be =
quite
jo> easy to convert my work to take advantage it.  Maintaining it in pl=
ain
jo> HTML is a PITA, and I'd like to avoid that if possible, of course. =
 :-)

 Sorry for the delay.  Thanks for clarification and my concern proves
 unfounded now.  Please go ahead!

-- =