Date:      Mon, 24 Dec 2001 01:33:46 -0500
From:      Jud <jud@operamail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   FQDN, Apache2, and Postfix

I installed the Apache 2 port a couple of weeks ago.  When I try
to run it (apachectl start), I get the following message:

httpd: Could not determine the server's fully qualified domain
name, using 127.0.0.1 for ServerName
/usr/local/sbin/apachectl start: httpd could not be started

I also recall a problem regarding lack of a fully qualified domain
name when I installed and tried to configure postfix.

I'm on a dialup connection with a dynamically assigned IP address.

I'd appreciate advice and suggestions, either in the form of
"Here's what to do," or "Here's where to find out what to do."

Thanks,

Jud