Date:      Mon, 24 Jul 1995 11:59:52 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Jan Isley <jan@bagend.atl.ga.us>
To:        sawmill!rjk@uunet.uu.net (Richard Kuhns)
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: "Everything" install from the 2.0.5 CD

Richard Kuhns wrote:

> I chose the `Everything' installation option.  When I try to make a new
> kernel, most of the include files can't be found.  Apparently fixed by
> adding `-I /usr/include', but is that how I should do it?  I'm actually
> assuming that a symbolic link is missing; if so, can anyone tell me where
> it should go?

Something broke.  I have done dozens and dozens of installs and I never
saw this.

> Second: when I tried to set the timezone, the time/date it asked me to
> approve was nowhere close to correct.  I tried several times; finally, I
> approved a date in the year 2002, figuring that I could dig thru and adjust
> it manually.  It turned out that I didn't need to -- everything was fine.

If your CMOS clock is set for local time and you choose that option
when setting the timezone, when it asks you "is this time correct"
it shows you universal time... not local time.  If you answer "yes"
when you reboot the time will be "correct".

> Should this message have gone to the bugs list?  I can't use send-pr (yet),
> since the machine I'm installing on couldn't actually send it anywhere, and
> I'm assuming that the bugs list is processed automatically.

This is a "questions" question, I think.
--
Jan Isley                If you couldn't find any weirdness,
<jan@bagend.atl.ga.us>   maybe we'll just have to make some!