Date:      Fri, 31 Mar 2000 09:57:19 +0800
From:      Aninda Kanti Sen <eng71666@nus.edu.sg>
To:        "'questions@FreeBSD.org'" <questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Problems with installation via FTP

Dear Sir,

I am on a network where IP Addresses are allocated dynamically. After
booting using kern.flp and mfsroot.flp and attempting to install via FTP, I
receive the following error.

"Unable to CD to directory /4.0-RELEASE. Please check your permissions or
set options to "none" "
...or something to that effect.

I am able to ftp to that directory so permissions is not a problem. the ftp
site is
ftp.nus.edu.sg/pub/unix/FreeBSD/releases/i386/4.0-RELEASE

I am not able to access any other ftp site either, as the firewall requires
me to authenticate to it to access the internet.

I have set dhcp to "yes" and release is 4.0-RELEASE.

I have looked thru the handbook and FAQ's and find no mention of such a
problem. Please tell me where I could possibly be going wrong. Thanks.

Regards,
Aninda Kanti Sen