Date:      Mon, 18 Oct 1999 08:16:12 +0200 (MET)
From:      Martin Kraft <kraft@fal.de>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        runge@rostock.zgdv.de, roger@cs.strath.ac.uk, santry@bc.edu
Subject:   No line in from PCI128/ES1371 in 3.3-stable

Concerning my problems recording from a SB PCI128 w/ ES1371,

And Roger Hardiman wrote:

> Ok I have just applied the PR which fixes this problem to the 3.x source
> tree. [..]
> The changed file is /usr/src/sys/i386/isa/snd/sound.c

Thanks for your help. I already applied this patch weeks ago; it was needed
to run DAP, even with my old SB 16.

It doesn't solve my problem now.

As I learned meanwhile, the 1371 patch, provided by Russel Cattelan (which
in turn was adapted by Guy Helmer) was not a finished work and can not do
recording. These parts in Russel's es1370.c are still commented out.

Sean, it seems to me, that this might also be the reason for your
problem, getting sound into a PCI128.

Martin