Date:      Tue, 22 Jul 1997 00:59:29 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Eivind Eklund <perhaps@yes.no>
To:        hcremean@vt.edu
Cc:        brian@FreeBSD.ORG, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PPP -alias and DCC RESUME

> I noticed something tonight: The alias_irc.c in ppp-970620 and 970629 doesn't
> seem to handle DCC RESUME (a mIRCism that's supported by the EPIC versions
> of ircII) correctly. When I turn off aliasing, things work, but from the
> looks of the code in alias_irc.c, it should be working even with aliasing
> ON.

Does DCC SEND work for you with aliasing enabled?  If it does, then
"DCC RESUME" likely break the common format for DCC commands.  I can
probably modify the alias_irc.c code to handle 'DCC RESUME' as a
special case, but I would need some form of specs for it; at least a
trace of an IRC session where it is used (raw form).  You can get hold
of me as 'EE' on IRCnet if you have access to the client; I no longer
have the facilities to easily test aliased connections (though I might
set it up again later).

Eivind.