Date:      Sat, 15 Jul 2000 08:14:33 +0200
From:      Daniel Haischt <sirabyss@gmx.net>
To:        Sam Carleton <scarleton@miltonstreet.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Getting apache to start on bootup

hiya,

if you installed apache from the ports collection, which is recommended,
you should already have a startup script called apache.sh in

/usr/local/etc/rc.d

maybe it's not executable, so mark it as executable via chmod a+x apache.sh
this should help.

if you don't have such a script put the following lines into a newly
created apache.sh
file.

#!/bin/sh

[ -x /usr/local/sbin/apachectl ] && /usr/local/sbin/apachectl startssl >
/dev/null && echo -n ' apache'

note: if you don't have apache + mod_ssl replace the startssl with start!

regards

daniel haischt