Date:      Fri, 22 Oct 2004 00:59:27 -0500
From:      "Micheal Patterson" <micheal@tsgincorporated.com>
To:        "Li Davis" <ibli@sbcglobal.net>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: Internet Access

----- Original Message -----
From: "Li Davis" <ibli@sbcglobal.net>
To: <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Sent: Thursday, October 21, 2004 11:58 PM
Subject: Internet Access

> Hi,
> I am switiching my OS over to FreeBSD.  Hopefully, that is.
>
> My DSL service with SBCYahoo said that they can't integrate with
> FreeBSD.  I have to find someone in the area I live that will work
> before my first 30 days is up with SBC, so I can cancel the one year
> contract without big $ penalties.
>
> It seems like it should work, from what is said about FreeBSD.  Could
> you please help me with this?  Thank you.

I have various sites that use SBC dsl just fine. SBC doesn't know
officially support FreeBSD which is kind of surprising these days as
various other venders (via google search) have setup info for freebsd
and their service. At any rate, it will work. Since all new service via
SBC uses PPPOE, that will need to be configured on your system to use
dsl via SBC. Have a look at the handbook link below.

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/pppoe.html

--

Micheal Patterson
TSG Network Administration

Confidentiality Notice:  This e-mail message, including any attachments,
copies of the original message.