Date:      Fri, 8 Apr 2005 17:03:29 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Andreas Davour <ante@Update.UU.SE>
To:        Jonathon McKitrick <jcm@FreeBSD-uk.eu.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Common Lisp on FreeBSD

On Fri, 8 Apr 2005, Jonathon McKitrick wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I noticed that the clisp port is marked broken, so I have to look at other
> choices.
>
> Does anyone have any thoughts on the other Lisp ports as a good system to
> learn on and use?

Install
/usr/ports/lang/cmucl
/usr/ports/lang/cmucl-extra
/usr/ports/editors/emacs
/usr/ports/editors/slime

And you'll get a fast and reliable Common Lisp compiler, some extras
like an debugger, an editor, an IDE or suchlike for handy Lisp
development using emacs and a compiler of your choice.

/usr/ports/lang/cmucl
Can be substituted for
/usr/ports/lang/sbcl

But I like cmucl just fine. You'll fine it has much better support for
e.g. CLOS than clisp has.

/andreas