Date:      Sat, 23 Apr 2005 05:51:02 -0700
From:      T P <t0m0p0@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   struggling with ports, packages, cvsup

I have just installed FreeBSD 5.3 and I am trying to get the latest
firefox, 1.0.3,1, and pkg_add -r firefox gives me 0.9. something and
downloading the latest source and typing make install clean gives me
some wierd patch-250862 failed error.  I saw someone else mention
using cvsup to update the firefox source so I tried that.  Now cvsup
gives me "Cannot get IP address of my own host -- is its hostname
correct?".  I am behind a firewall and I don't know what I should set
my hostname to; the ip address is of course given to me by DHCP.

Please help!

I am subscribed to the list.  Thanks.