Date:      Fri, 15 Sep 2000 07:53:52 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Jim Weeks <jim@siteplus.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Strange kernel message

I am hoping someone can tell me why this would suddenly show up in my
daily security check kernel messages.

This is a 3.4-stable system on a SMP Matsonic board with Intel BX
chipset.  It has two seagate drives attached to a BT958 Mylex controller.

Yesterday I found this in my daily security check message.

>Intel PIIX4 Bus-master IDE controller> rev 0x01 on pci0.2.1

Today I have this one.

> ra Wide SCSI Host Adapter, SCSI ID 7, 192 CCBs

The system seems to perking right along and there are no messages about
this in /var/log/messages.

Is there some place other than /var/log/messages that I might find more
information.

Thanks,

--
Jim Weeks