Date:      Sat, 13 Jun 1998 06:04:54 +1000
From:      "Gary Harris" <gharris@wr.com.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Installing packages and mounting DOS.

> > have tried mount -t msdos /dev/wd1 /d and mount_msdos... but both return "Device not configured"

> i think you have to specify the slice you want to mount
> and what directory you want to mount it to.  like
>
> mount_msdos /dev/wd1s1  /mountpoint

    Yep. I was saving typing time, not the "...". Did that. Do I have to refer to s1 if the disk is not partitioned?
So what does the error tell me?? How is it not configured?

> if that is an IWILL motherboard you have to get the patch for the serial ports
> I have an iwill board and it does the same stuff, it uses acer
> chipset with nonstandard irq's

   Don't know, never heard of it. What is it? I don't think I have an Acer chipset.

        Cheers,

             Gary.

   Gary Harris

   PowWow:     gharris@wr.com.au