Date:      Fri, 12 Feb 1999 16:10:35 -0600 (CST)
From:      "Dennis I. Kovarsky" <kovarsky@duke.usask.ca>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   slow telnet daemon

Hi,

 My machine seems to be vry slow when I telnet to it...
 I mean, after I log in, it takes up to 2 seconds for a character to show
 up on the machine that I'm connecting from.

 My screenmap, console fonts and all those things are set to
 defaults (I thought, maybe rendering of that stuff would
 slow down the display...)

 Is there a newer, better, faster version of telnetd I should
 be running or is there some settings I should change on my
 machine for better handling of the telnet connections?