Date:      Sat, 31 Jan 2004 13:04:28 +0100
From:      Marc van Kempen <marc@bowtie.nl>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   ethernet hangs after resume

Hi,

I just installed -current (from 26 Jan 2004) on my IBM thinkpad R40
(notebook). After some setup problems I got suspend/resume (with X
running) working with ACPI by disabling glx in /etc/XF86Config and
setting the following sysctl variables:

hw.acpi.sleep_button_state=S3
hw.acpi.lid_switch_state=S3

However, after suspending and resuming, the ethernetcard hangs after
transmitting several hundred kBs. Suspending/resuming resets the
interface and makes it work again, however for the same short period of
time as after the first suspend/resume. In other words after
suspend/resume ethernet is broken for all practical purposes.

I couldn't find anything about this in the mailing lists and sent a pr.

Does anyone know what is causing this?

Regards,
Marc.