Date:      Sat, 27 Feb 1999 11:52:52 +1100 (EST)
From:      Gavin Cameron <gavin@itworks.com.au>
To:        "A. Ling" <aling@alum.mit.edu>
Cc:        Oliver Fromme <olli@dorifer.heim3.tu-clausthal.de>, FreeBSD-questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: FTP SNAP site finder (was: 3.1-RELEASE: discrepancies....)

>    This seems to be a great resource which I hadn't heard about.  But I
> am curious why it only seems to list non-USA sites.  Admittedly, it
> says "Warning: database is currently being updated." -- perhaps this
> is the reason.  If USA sites are excluded by policy, does anyone
> know if such a service exists for North American sites?  I thought not
> all (USA) sites carry all available SNAPs, CTM deltas, ports, etc.
> BTW, is there a recommended way short of trial & error to find out
> which site has the best performance (highest transfer rate & least
> traffic)?

US sites are NOT excluded from the search, they were just poorly labeled.

The Mirror Sites page is now alphabetical by country name and hosts that
live in freebsd.org are now listed under the United States rather than
primary freebsd sites.

Gavin

| Gavin Cameron                      |          ITworks Consulting         |
| Ph    : +61 3 9667 0297            |     Suite 100, 85 Grattan Street    |
| Fax   : +61 3 9347 6544            |          Carlton,  Victoria         |
| Email : gavin@itworks.com.au       |           Australia,  3053          |