Date:      Mon, 16 Jun 1997 16:55:03 +0200 (CEST)
From:      naddy@mips.rhein-neckar.de (Christian Weisgerber)
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        postmaster@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: questions-digest #255 truncated?

Sascha Blank <blank@sliphost37.uni-trier.de>:

> Victor A. Sudakov has written recently:
> > Randal S. Masutani wrote:
> > > the last freebsd-questions-digest v03 #255 was truncated after the
> > > 8th message.  i have requested it again from majordomo but got the
> > > same file.  has anyone else have this problem?
> >
> > I received this digest truncated, too.

So did I.
No surprise, the problem seems to concern always the same subscribers
and the same digests.

> are you using a mail-filter? I know from my own experience that some
> mail-filters (for example the elm filter) will truncate messages for
> example when entire messages are quoted in there.

I'm not using any mail-filter and my MUA and MTA agree about the mailbox
format. Even better yet, the logs at my MX show that the messages
already arrive truncated.

The last time I contacted our esteemed postmaster@freebsd.org about
this, he produced logs clearly showing that already the outbound message
from hub.freebsd.org was shorter than the actual digest. Ignoring this
he told me he would proceed to ask the other recipients of that
particular mailing whether they had received a truncated digest. I
haven't heard anything since.

--
Christian 'naddy' Weisgerber                  naddy@mips.rhein-neckar.de
  See another pointless homepage at <URL:http://home.pages.de/~naddy/>.