Date:      Sat, 03 Oct 1998 23:31:49 +0100
From:      Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>
To:        "Travis Stevenson" <stevensontw@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ppp core dump (bus error)

> This has been a interesting problem. I have two machines one is
> Intel 133 and the other is Intel 166MMX
>
> I tried this on both machines and I get a core dump (bus error)
[.....]
> do I need to look for newer ppp code.
> could it be a i386 general protection fault.

You could try the version on

  http://www.Awfulhak.org/ppp.html

There are instructions/suggestions in the FAQ at

  http://www.FreeBSD.org/FAQ/userppp.html

explaining how to get a core dump (although your best bet is probably
to use gdb on the -g version of ppp rather than trying to get a core)
and what to do with it when you've got it.

> Travis Stevenson
> stevensontw@hotmail.com

Cheers.
      <http://www.Awfulhak.org>;