Date:      Fri, 21 Mar 2003 01:29:50 -0800 (PST)
From:      "W. J. Williams" <will@willardjwilliams.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        Henrik Hudson <lists@rhavenn.net>
Subject:   Re: IPFW firewall rules not complete

see picture below...
--- Henrik Hudson <lists@rhavenn.net> wrote:

> On Thursday 20 March 2003 14:20, W. J. Williams wrote:
>
> > ok, will try that...oddly enough though, mail comes in just fine, just
> > going out farts...should have put that in the initial email...still
> think
> > its NAT related?
>
> Mail as in POP fetching or mail as in SMTP mail server running?

ANSWER:  mail as in SMTP mail server (Sendmail).  I have drafted a little
visual of what my network looks like...this sort of grew out of what used
to be just a wireless router connecting my laptops, but now includes
FreeBSD which almost makes it's firewalling capabilities redundant; so I
know the build is not necessarily ideal.  I would like to keep it where it
is for now, until I am brave enough to place behind a freebsd firewall.  I
am just looking for a simple "starter" ruleset that allows ports
22,25,80,10000, 53 to keep working. I also would like to still be able to
perform pings and traceroutes out of my network, but not from the outside
in.

--------------------
|DSL modem         |
|DHCP from provider|