Date:      Mon, 27 Jan 2003 00:59:50 +0100 (MET)
From:      sm4tnp8@gmx.net
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   O2Micro 6812 with 4-stable???

Hello!

I recently bought a laptop which is equipped with an O2Micro OZ 6812 cardbus
controller (accourding to user's manual). This controller is recognized by
FreeBSD-4-stable as follows:

pcic0: <O2micro 6812/6872 PCI-Cardbus Bridge> irq 11 at device 3.0 on pci0
pcic0: PCI Memory allocated: 0x88000000
pcic0: Warning: O2micro OZ68xx chips may not work
pccard0: <PC Card 16-bit bus (classic)> on pcic0

The first problem is that pccardc can only set pccardmem to 0xD4000 oder
0xD8000, other settings result in an

pccardc: ioctl (PIOCRWMEM): Invalid argument

The really bad thing is, that I cannot get any card working correctly in the
slot. I own a 3Com Networking PC Card (3CCFE574BT) which is recognized
correctly by pccardd (after I manually power up the slot), but ping's to another
machine in my net only time out. Ssh to this machine works, altough it takes
ages to present me a login prompt and echo any characters.

I also tried to access a CompactFlash card using a SanDisk cf-to-pcmcia
converter. It was identified as ata3 controller and ad8 disk, but when trying to
access this disk (after making the devices in /dev) i got a lot of "read
timeout" messages and finally a kernel panic.

Trying to find some information on the net brings up some 2 or 3 years old
messages an sites refering to very old versions of FreeBSD.

Can someone help me with that (kernel / pccardd options or whatever)?

Regards
Markus