Date:      Wed, 16 May 2001 20:33:37 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Rick Hamell <hamellr@heorot.1nova.com>
Cc:        "eric k. wolven" <wyrdwulf@catskill.net>, FreeBSD Questions <questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: digital camera

> There are various things in the Ports Collection.  I personally use a
> camera with Compact Flash memory (a Nikon CoolPix 880, which I quite
> like).  I insert the CF card into a PCMCIA adaptor and mount it on my
> laptop as an MS-DOS file system.  See
> http://echunga.lemis.com/~grog/diary-nov2000.html, 10 November 2000,
> for more details.

	I've got one of the Sony Mavica's... pull the regular ol' floppy
disk out, shove into the laptop. I've got a script I execute that mounts
the drive, moves all the files to the hard drive, then unmounts it so I
can use the disk again. :) I can get about 15-20 good quality pic per a
disk. The BEST thing about it though, is that it take instananeous
pictures. You don't have to hold it still while it's grabbing the picture.

	Rick