Date:      Fri, 21 Nov 2008 11:59:42 -0800
From:      Bill Campbell <freebsd@celestial.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: do we have any grammar checkers for FBSD?

On Fri, Nov 21, 2008, Gary Kline wrote:
>On Fri, Nov 21, 2008 at 09:25:32AM -0800, Bill Campbell wrote:

>> >Hello Gary,
>> >
>> >Spellcheck and dictionary addons are avilable for OOo-3 but can not be
>> >installed due to bugs.
>>
>> Eons ago I used ``style'' and ``diction'' which were from the
>> Bell Labs *roff text processing that were available on Xenix.  I
>> found them quite useful, but haven't seen them in years.
>
>	hmmm!  yeah, i probably have these that i swiped from SVR2 [shhh-h]
>	in 1986-7.  i never used the roff stuff except in in idiot-mode, but i do
>	remember that joe <<somebody>> came up with the tool for running-off
>	man pages.

I'm enough of a curmudgeon that I still do the majority of my
writing with vim using -mm macros.  I have even written tools that
convert these to docbook XML, at least to get a first cut without
having to write all the XML markup.

Bill
--
INTERNET:   bill@celestial.com  Bill Campbell; Celestial Software LLC
Fax:            (206) 232-9186

Property must be secured, or liberty cannot exist. -- John Adams