Date:      Thu, 28 May 2009 16:24:00 +0200
From:      Josef Moellers <josef.moellers@ts.fujitsu.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Failure to get past a PCI bridge

Hi,

I'm trying to install 7.2-RELEASE on a pretty new system (a Fujitsu
RX300S5).
The first obstacle was the fact that while the system has an
AT-Keyboard-Controller, it ist not used (keyboard and mouse are
connected via USB) and I have found that I can get past that by specifying

set hint.atkbd.0.disabled=1
set hint.atkbdc.0.disabled=1

The install kernel then boots properly and reaches the "Country Selection".
At that point, no keyboard input is accepted. An optical mouse is off,
so I assume the keyboard to be off, too.

I have hooked up a serial connection to log the kernel's output (some
1000+ lines):

set boot_serial=1
set boot_verbose=1
set boot_multicons=1
set console="comconsole vidconsole"

The following lines make me wonder if the kernel fails to get past PCI
bridges and this can't reach the UHCI controllers:

pcib0: <ACPI Host-PCI bridge> on acpi0
pcib0: could not get PCI interrupt routing table for \_SB_.CPU0 -
AE_NOT_FOUND
:
pcib1: <ACPI Host-PCI bridge> on acpi0
pcib1: could not get PCI interrupt routing table for \_SB_.CPU1 -
AE_NOT_FOUND
:
pcib2: <ACPI Host-PCI bridge> port 0xcf8-0xcff on acpi0
pcib2: couldn't find _ADR
pcib2: trying bus number 2
pci2: <ACPI PCI bus> on pcib2
pci2: domain=0, physical bus=2

I talked to the guy who does the BIOS for the machine and he says that
it makes no sense for the kernel to try and find the _PRT for \_SB_.CPU0
or \_SB_.CPU1!

Can anyone help? I haven't been using FreeBSD since 4.2 and haven't dug
through deep kernel functions for quite some time.

Josef

--
These are my personal views and not those of Fujitsu Technology Solutions!
Josef Möllers (Pinguinpfleger bei FTS)