Date:      Fri, 30 Jan 2004 14:35:29 +0000
From:      Peter Risdon <peter@circlesquared.com>
To:        vyou@isd.dp.ua
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problem with mount_ntfs

Vladimir Yourtaev wrote:

>On Friday 30 January 2004 15:19, you wrote:
>

>>On Friday 30 January 2004 05:08 am, Vladimir Yourtaev wrote:
>>

>>>Hello all
>>>My system FreeBSD-4.9 REALEASE
>>>kernel compiled with options NTFS
>>>hard ad0 has 3 partition:
>>>ad0s1 -Primary NTFS;
>>>ad0s2 -Extended NTFS;
>>>ad0s3 - Primary FreeBSD;
>>>When I try from to mount ntfs partition via commands: mount_ntfs
>>>/dev/ad0s1 / mnt or mount -t ntfs /dev/ad0s1 /mnt  I get a messege:
>>>< mount_ntfs: vfsload(ntfs): File exists >
>>>What does this mean, and what i'll do next? How I can to get access to
>>>NTFS partition my hard drive?
>>>

>>Try this:
>>
>># mkdir /nt
>># mount -t ntfs /dev/ad0s1 /nt
>>
>>You should be ok...
>>

>I am sorry, but this solution doesn't help resolve my problem
>and it still exists.
>Messege the same: <ntfs: vfsload(ntfs): File exists>

It's a while since I had to mount an ntfs, so I hope this isn't wasting
your time... But are you using an incomplete description of the
partition you want to mount? I'd have expected it to be more like:

#mount -t ntfs /dev/ad0s1e /mnt

To check this, you can go to /stand/sysinstall-->configure-->Label and
choose ad0. Just be sure not to alter anything. The full label will be
shown. When you're through looking, type "q".

PWR.