Date:      Sat, 27 Jun 1998 07:14:27 +0930
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        E Walk <fluke123@hotmail.com>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: I can't install FreeBSD

On Thursday, 25 June 1998 at 22:12:49 -0700, E Walk wrote:
> To whom it may concern:
>            THIS LETTER IS TO TECH-SUPPORT OR WHOEVER CAN HELP ME WITH MY
> UNIX PROBLEM.   PLEASE FORWARD THIS TO THE TECH-GUYS.  THANK YOU. I have
> a 4.1 GB and I have 1.8 GB left.  I was planning to split my hard drive
> into two. C would have 3.3 and the new D drive would have the 800 mb.  I
> was going to use my D drive for the UNix and the WIndows 95 on the C.  I
> tried to use the dos fdisk, but it didn't work. FDISK wouldn't let me
> split the hard drive.  Do you know why?

No.  Why don't you show the output from fdisk?

>                ANother thing is when I try to install Unix, I get stuck
> at probing, you  know when the blue screen comes up and it says that its
> probing.  I read that I can scroll up and down using the Scroll Lock and
> I did and all I can do is scroll which told me that the computer didn't
> freeze but it wasn't moving either.  I waited 30 minutes but it just
> stayed there. Do you know why?  I have a pent.II 300, 64 mb ram, and 4.1
> gb.

Blue screen?  We don't have a blue screen.  Why don't you say where it
stopped (what were the last couple of lines of output?).  While you're
at it, how about other information which would help us help you?
Check out http://www.lemis.com/questions.html for details.

Greg